When you think of Dubai, the first thing that comes to mind is its glamorous skyscrapers, massive malls and extraordinary man-made islands. After all, most of us know Dubai as a haven for outstanding leisure, shopping and entertainment choices. But beneath its enormous steely high-rise structures lies an astonishing child-friendly destination which offers a roster of exciting options for kids of all age groups. So if you’re looking for amazing things to do with kids in Dubai, this list covers it all.
But, Is It Now Safe To Visit Dubai With Kids?
With the prestigious Safe Travel stamp and all stringent safety measures against COVID-19 in place, Dubai continues to be a great place for a quick getaway with your family and little ones. However, just know these important things for your Dubai travel.
- Apply for the right tourist or visit visa Dubai and get it approved long before your Dubai travel date.
- All members in your family or group should undergo PCR test within 96 hours of your Dubai travel.
- Install COVID-19 DXB app
- Submit this test report at Dubai International Airport; but, make sure that it’s not hand-written and instead clearly printed in Arabic or English.
- Apart from this, you’ll have to mandatorily undergo a PCR test in the airport.
- If the test result is positive, you’ll have to self-isolate and adhere to all quarantine requirements as stipulated by the Dubai Health Authority.
- If the test result is negative, you can get outdoors; however, be sure to comply with all preventive guidelines such as wearing masks at all times in public, maintaining social distance, sanitizing+ your hands regularly etc.
Top Things To Do with Kids In Dubai
1. Visit the Dubai Mall
The world’s biggest shopping mall is not only a shopaholics’ favorite but also an absolute child-centric destination. And the following attractions and experiences are proof of this.
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Find here over 33,000 marine creatures from 140 plus species in its massive aquarium tank. You can further check out its underwater zoo, walk along its underwater tunnel, and even sign up for several thrilling activities such as a glass bottom boat ride, diving with sharks, cage snorkeling etc.
VR Park Dubai: One of the world’s largest VR Parks also boasts one of the fantastic – in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality – based attractions, games, and rides. Among the must-do experiences here are Burj Drop, Dubai Drone, Dune Bash, and Active Zone.
Dubai Ice Rink: This is unmissable for your little ones who crave for an icy adventure. So let them lace up the ice skates – even your beginner or absolute first-timer little ones can take a spin around this Olympic-size ice rink, with the right skating aids made available.
Hysteria Dubai Mall: Do all members in your family enjoy spooky thrill and fun? Don’t leave the Dubai Mall without dropping in here.
KidZania Dubai: For your curious ones who can’t wait to explore the adult jobs, this is the place to take them to. Be their favorite profession a pilot, medical practitioner, fashion designer or even a baker or chef, they can experience it all here and even earn too with KidZos, KidZania’s own currency.
2. Let your little ones see Dubai from the highest vantage point
Traveling to Dubai and not seeing Burj Khalifa is like visiting New York and not seeing the Statue of Liberty. So don’t miss to take your kids to Burj Khalifa – it’s the world’s tallest man-made structure at a height of 828 meters. They would be delighted to take the super-swift elevator ride which lands them straight at the observation deck on the 124th level in less than a minute. And the icing on the cake is the views that await you here; it gives you the 360 degree views of the whole of Dubai and beyond. It’s in Downtown Dubai and entry here is via the Dubai Mall.
3. Watch Dubai Fountain Show
This is one extraordinary attraction which you can see with your whole family absolutely for free. After you step outside of Burj Khalifa or the Dubai Mall, give yourself some time to watch this choreographed extravaganza of water and music set in Burj Lake. Want to take this in up-close? Pre-book an abra ride along Burj Lake or head to Dubai Fountain Boardwalk for a wide range in choice of views from this unrivaled show.
4. Experience the best Theme Parks
Let your kids scream in joy and excitement as they experience the best of Dubai’s theme park rides, game and attractions.
- Take them to the biggest of its kind IMG Worlds of Adventure or the colorful Mattel Play! Town at City Walk Dubai.
- It’s also worth spending a day or two with your kids in Dubai Parks and Resorts. It’s the first integrated resort in the region where you can explore three theme parks and a water park such as the Hollywood – themed Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai and LEGOLAND Dubai and Water Park which is an ultimate haven for families of kids from 2 to 12 years.
- Another must-visit in this category is Ski Dubai which is also one of the ultimate places to beat the heat in Dubai. You’ll find this inside the Mall of the Emirates. So come prepared to indulge in all snow activities imaginable at its massive colossal snow park filled with real snow. You’ll also get to interact with adorable penguins here.
5. Enjoy water-based attractions
If you’re looking to slip on your wet suit, Dubai has some incredible water parks where you can get wet with your kids in a safe environment. So let them have a blast at Dubai’s top water parks including Atlantis Aquaventure, Wild Wadi Water Park and the recently opened Laguna Water Park. Now if you don’t want to get wet but still wish to experience the marine world, visit Lost Chamber Aquarium whose theme reflects the mythical Lost City of Atlantis.
6. Discover nature and wildlife with a twist
For this, we’ve got two amazing options which you can enjoy with your whole family:
Aventura Nature Park: Want to experience Dubai’s outdoors and nature with some exciting action and fun? This distinct park, amidst Mushrif Park’s natural ghaf trees, is the place to go with your little ones. This is where you and your kids can swing like Tarzan, try rope swinging, and take to zipline, among other 80 heart-racing challenges.
Dubai Safari Park: Don’t overlook this Dubai attraction as a mere zoo! Located in the Al Warqa area, it’s more like a wildlife reserve and sanctuary with ample edutainment experiences. It spans over about 120 acres and comes with four thrilling zones which collectively shelter over 2500 animals from all over the world. You can also look forward to some exhilarating experiences such as a drive-through safari which gives you an up-close look at some fierce inhabitants like lions and Bengal tigers.
7. Desert Safari
This is one iconic Dubai activity which is definitely going to excite all age groups. Whether you’re joined by your toddlers or teens, its many exhilarating activities (such as dune bash and a camel ride) plus cultural experiences and traditional entertainment are sure to astound your kids.
8. Spend some quality time at Dubai Miracle Garden
This is another perfect Dubai attraction which you can enjoy with the whole family. With over 45 million flowers arranged in almost all designs and shapes imaginable, this is a true oasis in the desert and is also the world’s biggest natural garden. But, this is a seasonal attraction which is open only during winter months from November to March.
9. Dubai Garden Glow is equally fascinating
This kid-friendly park inside Zabeel Park will take your breath away with its edutainment concept. The specialty is that all glowing exhibits seen here are made using biodegradable materials. It’s also home to Dinosaur Park, Ice Park, Magic Park and Art Park. However, they are only open in the winter months from November to March.
10. Take a Wonder Bus Tour
A trip aboard this amphibious bus is one of the best ways to surprise your kids on their Dubai visit, as it allows them to see the city’s marvelous sights from both on land and on the water without ever changing from vehicle. Try it; your little ones will enjoy this fun-filled experience.
11. Introduce your kids to Green Planet
Keep your little ones occupied amidst verdant greenery and cool settings with a trip to Green Planet at City Walk. Featuring the biggest of its kind man-made tree, it’s completely set indoors and reflects the ecosystem of Amazon forest. You’ll get to see here several unique plant, animal, bird and reptile species.
12. Dhow Cruise
Finally, what’s a Dubai trip with kids without a dhow cruise along the historical Dubai Creek or the stylish Dubai Marina? Whichever location you choose, it gives your kids a taste of the ancient Dubai as dhows were once used for pearl farming and fishing during the pre-oil era. Best views, finest foods and mind-boggling traditional entertainment all make a dhow cruise a must-do experience in Dubai.
As we wrap up this list (with a bit of everything), we anticipate that this will serve as a perfect starting point to experience Dubai with your family and kids.
From this guest post it should be clear that Dubai is a must visit destination for families. If you’re looking for other great places to experience with kids, look at Gorges du Verdon with kids, Utrecht with kids and the Dordogne with kids.
Neha is a travel blogger who enjoys traveling, meeting new people, and learning about the local culture and food. She is always looking forward to visiting new places and likes to play tennis in her spare time.
Like it? Pin it!